Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS), an industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world, announced the extension of its ITV9550 surface-mountable Li-ion battery protector series. These fuses safeguard battery packs against overcurrent and overcharging (overvoltage) conditions.
The ITV9550 Battery Protector is ideal for use in a wide range of consumer electronics, including:
- Power tools
- Robotic appliances
- E-bikes and e-scooters
- Emergency radios, and
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
“These new released parts are 60-amp rated devices, which extend our ITV line of li-ion battery pack protection fuses to provide more options for electronics designers,” said Stephen Li, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “Expanding our portfolio of surface-mountable, three-terminal battery pack protectors enables us to provide this innovative solution to an even broader range of consumer and industry applications.”
The ITV9550 offers these key benefits:
- Prevents battery pack damage caused by overcurrent and overcharging via fast response time and low internal resistance.
- Simplifies automated printed circuit board (PCB) assembly with surface-mount design.
- UL and TUV certifications help secure approvals with industry compliance requirements.
- The environmentally friendly component is halogen-free and RoHS compliant.
How it works: When an overcurrent condition occurs, the embedded three-terminal fuse cuts off the circuit. The heater element, embedded directly under the fuse element, generates enough heat to blow the fuse once overcharging is detected by IC or FET.
The ITV9550 is available in tape and reel format in quantities of 5,000. Place ample requests through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.