Analog Devices, Inc.(ADI) introduced today the DS28E30 1-Wire ECDSA Secure Authenticator, a cost-effective solution to detect and help protect products from counterfeiting or misuse. Combining a fixed-function cryptographic toolbox based on the industry standard FIPS 186 elliptic curve digital signature algorithm (ECDSA), secure storage of keys and application data, and the single-contact 1-Wire interface, the device easily integrates into existing or new designs with minimal complexity.
- Download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards:http://www.maximintegrated.com/DS28E30
- Watch a video about the DS28E30:
The DS28E30 provides secure features to enable use management of limited life tools, sensors, and other peripherals. These include a monotonic, non-resettable, decrement-only counter and 1Kbit of general-purpose EEPROM that can optionally be ECDSA protected to store application data including end-product life-cycle information.
- FIPS 186 ECDSA-P256 based challenge/response authentication
- Single pin 1-Wire interface for minimal interconnect requirement
- Each part factory programmed with ADI public key certificate for guaranteed authenticity
- 3Kb secure EEPROM for user memory, keys, and certificate
- Wide operating range:1.62V-5.25V, -40C to +85C
- Small 1.2mm x 1.4mm 4-ball WLP with 0.5mm pitch
Pricing and Availability
|Product||Full Production||Price Each Per 1,000||Packaging|
|DS28E30||Now||$0.66||4 Ball WLP|